Monday, February 9, 2009

A Tribute to Mother-In-Laws

So often, mother-in-laws get a bad rap so I thought I'd counter that with a tribute to the two wonderful mother-in-laws in our lives, my mother-in-law and Justin's mother-in-law (i.e. my mom). Justin also has a fabulous father-in-law but they don't get a whole lot of bad press. I have started working again and the first month of training I had to work 3pm-10pm which didn't work with Justin's schedule so thankfully Erika was there to fill in the gaps along with a group of wonderful friends. By week three, the kids and I were exausted from all the running around so my mom and dad came down and stayed a week. They both helped out so much and it was so nice to have them here. My dad now knows every children's book by heart I think he read to at least one kid from sunup to sundown. Mom cooked, cleaned, and made sure each kid got their fair share of hugs and kisses (with the exception of Caden who only received one kiss before Grandma was informed that he's getting too big for kisses...hugs only!!!) By the end of the week I'd forgotten how to do a batch of laundry and Ethan said he couldn't bare to be away from Grandma for one minute (did I mention that Grandma and Grandpa tend to spoil the kids and Justin and I too?). I think the kids would have packed their bags and followed them home if it weren't for the fact that Grandma Freeman came the next week. Not only did she keep up with my 4 kids from 3 to bedtime (Justin was out of town, so she didn't get a break when he got home) she also watched Justin's 2yr old niece as well. For those of you without a calculator handy...that's 5 kids under the age of 7 during the pleasant hours of dinnertime to bedtime when perfect angels can turn into little stinkers. And if that weren't enough, it was all done with a smile and not one complaint. If there was a Congretional Medal of Honor for Grandparenting, I know I'd have some nominations. I'm sure all parties involved had to sleep most of the next week to recover. Thanks Mom, Dad and Lanta. We all love you and appreciate everything you do for us.

No comments: