Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb 5, 2009...one of the greatest days of my life!!!!

It's offical...as of Feb 5, our household is diaper free!!!! With the rare exception of a night away while Grandma watched the kids, I have changed the diapers of at least one kid (there where overlaps where I was changing 2 at a time) for the last 7 years 78 days. That is an estimated total of 16,320 diapers and 4.5 billion wet wipes. On Feb 5 (to be known from now on as the The Great Thursday), Manoucheca said bye bye biapers and I carried the diapers out to the trash. The first day was one wet accident and two of the dreaded accidents and no accidents to report from then on!!!! For all of you that have me up on a pedestal, as the greatest mom ever...you may want to quit reading now...for the rest of you...I will openly admit that I am the worst potty trainer in the history of indoor plumbing. This isn't the first attempt at deliverance from diapers. Manoucheca was very willing at first until I freaked out over the first runny mess. After that, she was content to just let me give-up and put her back in diapers. It wasn't until I got rid of my crutch and the diapers were gone that Manoucheca realized there was no going back and decided that she could do this. I don't even have to reminder her to try...she always comes to me when she needs to go. We are so proud of our big girl!!!

The things mommies will blog about! :)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Whoot Whoooo! Congratulations!!!
That is quite an accomplishment!

Erin said...

Way to go! That is so exciting!

Alleman Family said...

WAAAAAHOOOO!! Congrats!! I'm way way way way jelous. But, at least I only have ONE in diapers now. It's not so bad! :)