Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Disclaimer for extended (birth) families

OK, I've been worrying about how the blog will be received by all of our wonderful birthfamilies. Mostly, I'm concerned that if I don't have the exact same amount of pictures and stories for each child, it will be interpreted as favoritism. For the record, I love each and every one of my children with all of my heart. So, if you don't see one child as much as the others, let me give a couple possible reasons: 1) Caden is at school most of the day and exciting things like homework and dinner don't make the list of kodak moments very often. The kids that spend the most time with mom (and the camera) tend to have more pictures 2) Ethan is REALLY into posing for pictures right now and is always looking for reasons for me to grab the camera (he thinks homework and dinner ARE kodak moments) 3) Sworn to secrecy. Caden is old enough that it embarasses him if I tell cute stories about him. At times, it's hard to get permission to pass along stories. 4) technical difficulties. My computer and I are rarely friends. For example, currently there is a video clip of Ethan on the blog but none of the other children. I'm trying...but my computer just won't cooperate. I'm not giving up and eventually I will have video of all the kids.

So these are the kinds of things I lose sleep over. If I ever offend anyone, please let me know. It would be completely unintentional. I realize that I'm probably worrying too much and that until I pointed it out, none of you were counting pictures. I just hope that this blog is a source of joy and a great way for me to share the kids' lives with those that love them so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This "Birth Family" member is very excited about this blog - and completely understands that all things with children being hectic - I figure that sometimes one will shine - sometimes another.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful gifts with those of us who still love....