Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Alliya's 1st Birthday home

It was so fun to celebrate Alliya's birthday for the first time as a family. This was the 1st time her birthday was more than just extra hugs and kisses and a cake for everyone that had a birthday that month. We went to the Treehouse museum again and this time we took Caden, Daddy and Erika. It was fun and really nice to have a 3 adult to 4 kid ratio. The kids got to split-up and see the areas they really wanted to see. I also was able to see areas we'd missed the first time. Because Alliya and I share the same birthday, I'm well aware of the problems a December birthday presents. Growing-up, I hated Christmas wrapping paper on my birthday present or when I was given a gift that was for my birthday AND Christmas. So when I ordered Alliya's birthday cake (just her's this year, for once she wasn't sharing a cake with anyone else), I made sure it wouldn't reflect the holiday season. Even though ladybugs are red, there is nothing about a ladybug that reminds people of Christmas. Imagine my dismay when I picked-up a Ladybug Birthday cake with green holly leaves on it. Who puts holly leaves on a ladybug????? I didn't have time to make them fix it and I knew the only one that would care would be me so I just left it at that. Next year I'm going to see if they'll put a Santa Hat on a butterfly.
It turned out to be a near perfect day (we did make Erika late for work) and it was nice to have Alliya home for our birthday.

No comments: